You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionBlink Facture
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: APK publications and geometry

APK publications and geometry 7 years 8 months ago #481

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Just a few questions about the APK publications and geometry. First off just to say that I don’t mind level assets being downloaded on the fly when the game is initiated, it’s maybe even better. Games being unplayable without a network is a good thing ads-wise, I know lot of people that disable WiFi so that the ads in a free game wouldn’t pop-up.

But the big problem is the (arbitrary) missing of the level-geometry.

1. Is there any way to delay level from being visible until all objects/textures are loaded? Something like: if ‘Group Room_a’ and ‘Group Room_b’ is visible then ‘Black panel alpha’ set to ‘0’?

2. Can I initiate download of not-downloaded level-parts even if the level is already playing? Maybe there could be a very low-poly start room and function can check if all models are visible or present in the level before, let’s say, door to rest of the level are opened?

3. When can we expect the APK to have download issues un-buged?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

APK publications and geometry 7 years 8 months ago #482

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
You can use one Level for the Menu and another Level for the game.
Then you can put some of the assets outside the levels and some assets inside the game level.
An asset inside a level will load only when you switch to that Level.
Here is an example of a menu and a game inside levels:
www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=01612759

As for the android download issue, we will take a look and let you know when we will fix it.

B.T.W - There is a performance issue in the Android version when you are using First Person Camera Controller. The solution, for now, is to use your own fake camera controller. Here is an example:
www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=016130

You can see the performance difference between the regular controller and the fake controller (unzip first):

File Attachment:

File Name: RegularCamController.zip
File Size: 15,005 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: FakeController1.zip
File Size: 14,989 KB

Regards,
Cyberix3D team
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by cyberix3d.

APK publications and geometry 7 years 8 months ago #483

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
This is all very helpful, thank you so much for the examples and for project-references. I will check the APKs as soon as possible to see the difference.

If I understood the APK behavior right: I can have geometry in ‘neutral zone’ outside levels (that will be downloaded at the application start) and geometry inside levels (that will be downloaded when each level is initiated). If this is right then it’s great. I can have universal parts of levels outside levels and non-universal parts in levels.

Do I have to destroy geometry through function before the next level loads or will the previous-level geometry be automatically cleared from the cache when next level starts?

Does geometry outside levels stay throughout the entire game-session?

EDIT: The difference in speed between regular and fake camera on my tablet is unbelievable. I think fake camera is about 3X faster. This will be extremely useful for my game, thank you.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Ganderoleg.

APK publications and geometry 7 years 8 months ago #484

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
First of all, We want to tell you that we have resolved the APK download issues bug.

As for your questions:
If I understood the APK behavior right: I can have geometry in ‘neutral zone’ outside levels (that will be downloaded at the application start) and geometry inside levels (that will be downloaded when each level is initiated). If this is right then it’s great. I can have universal parts of levels outside levels and non-universal parts in levels.
Yes, you understood right

Do I have to destroy geometry through function before the next level loads or will the previous-level geometry be automatically cleared from the cache when next level starts?
The objects aren't destroyed when switching levels, they just appear or disappear. The cache is not beeing cleaned either.

Does geometry outside levels stay throughout the entire game-session?
Yes
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by cyberix3d.

APK publications and geometry 7 years 8 months ago #485

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
This is great news and a lightning fast bug-fixing. I worked with some of the 3D engines and in my experience you are by far most efficient. I was expecting minimum of three to four weeks, or even worse, for this problem to be resolved. This is extremely good work, thank you.

APK publications and geometry 1 year 10 months ago #3033

This is a great game. I am using the Geometry Mod APK in Modcombo it gives me an unforgettable experience
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by RosellaSager.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds