Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The future of Cyberix3D

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 6 months ago #1112

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
Hello all,

It has been three years since the Cyberix3D website was created, and since then many people visited the site and made beautiful games. Not only random people visited our site but also many schools that are using Cyberix3D as part of their learning programs.

The Cyberix3D was built on Flash Player technology, and when it was developed it was the most advanced technology for 3D games. Since then, Adobe announced that Flash Player will be no longer supported by 2020 and probably no browser will support it after that.

That means we need to rebuild the Cyberix3D game maker from scratch in HTML 5 technology or it will die with Flash Player in 2020.

Cyberix3D is not a commercial company and we work on it in our free time. Therefore we don't have enough time to develop it by then. The only solution that we have found is making Cyberix3D an open source and rebuild it with the help of the community.

We already made a GitHub branch and started a new project for the new version of Cyberix3D
github.com/cyberix3d/Cyberix3D

We have tested several game engines but the most suitable 3D game engine was Urho3D because it is a low-level game engine and it is also multiplatform. It means that we could have Cyberix3D supported on all platforms, including Web, Windows, Linux, Android, and IOS.

We are very excited to have found an engine that fits our needs. You can check out the online examples at the Urho3D engine
urho3d.github.io/samples

We are still learning the Urho3D engine, and as soon as we will be ready we will start the development of the Cyberix3D engine. We would appreciate if the community will join us when we will have the Cyberix3D core and some milestones. We promise to keep you updated.

All of the above means we are stopping all the current development of Cyberix3D, and we will focus on the new version of Cyberix3D.

We are planning to make the new Cyberix3D editor backward compatible and we hope it will be possible in most cases.

We will keep you posted.

Regards,
Cyberix3D team
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cyberix3d.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ViraX, Symbiotic Interactives

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 6 months ago #1115

• Hamish-Kirkman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
That great, hopefully it will make bigger games with lots of objects more reliable and quicker to load. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 5 months ago #1121

• Hamish-Kirkman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Do you have an estimated completion date for the HTML 5 version of Cyberix 3D?

Much appreciated

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 5 months ago #1126

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
Hello,
We are working on learning the Urho3D engine right now and we will make a few examples of existing games that we want to port to the new engine as a proof of concept.
After that, we will start working on the engine and it will be an open source project.
We have to finish the new engine and editor by 2020 because Flash Player will die after that date.
In the meanwhile, you can continue to create your games in the existing engine because the new engine will be backward compatibility in most cases.
Regards,
Cyberix3D team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hamish-Kirkman, Symbiotic Interactives

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1190

The speedometer and altimeter will be cool.

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1242

Hello Cyberix3D I've started my own branch on the Cyberix3D project on Github and so far I've done some work and I'm learning as I go but I don't know exactly what I should do can you give us instructions please?

here's what I've done so far github.com/RedWebGames/Cyberix3D/tree/RedWebGames-patch-1
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Symbiotic Interactives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyberix3d

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1243

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
We will do our best to start a new branch with instructions as soon as possible.
Then you could fork this branch and start working on it.
Regards,
Cyberix3D team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Symbiotic Interactives

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1250

• Commander_Kitty
  • Junior Boarder
  • Youtube: Kommander Kitty
  • Thank you received: 14
You should add pyramid to the shapes models on the engine.
Have fun. Make games. Be cool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Symbiotic Interactives

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1253

• Interactive games
  • Gold Boarder
  • hi appreciated forum community, I'm looking for cyberix3d ​​which is the best editor for me to create games, fun games, horror, simulation and games with very good graphics. I also want to upload my own official page of games as a developer
  • Thank you received: 58
the pyramid can be done in this way: we drag a cube, we edit the vertices with it (vertex) and it remains as a pyramid according to how we edit the vertices
developer in horror games and simulation :woohoo: , trademark registered in goo.gl/EAjZuk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Symbiotic Interactives, Commander_Kitty

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1267

Also if you want to view my branch keep a bookmark on this link because every time I go on the branch all I see is the "master" branch and the "first initialize" and no sign of my branch which is probably a glitch or my lack of knowledge about Github but anyways bookmark this link github.com/RedWebGames/Cyberix3D/tree/RedWebGames-patch-1

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1268

Also Interactive Games congratulations on going from senior boarder to expert boarder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Interactive games

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 4 months ago #1275

RedWebGames wrote:
Also Interactive Games congratulations on going from senior boarder to expert boarder.

RedWeb, i dont think the admin is online. i think is sleeping :blink:

The future of Cyberix3D 6 years 3 months ago #1327

cyberix3d wrote:
We will do our best to start a new branch with instructions as soon as possible.
Then you could fork this branch and start working on it.
Regards,
Cyberix3D team

Thank you for responding, sounds great! But besides the Github branch I myself am learning Html5 and recently downloaded the Urho3D Engine to study it, so...when can I along with the community help with the new engine itself?
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Symbiotic Interactives.

The future of Cyberix3D 3 years 3 months ago #2642

This Game Engine is the future of Game Development. This Engine will make some great Portfolio pieces for me as I am an aspiring Game Director. What better way to break into the Game Industry than to create my own Games and implement my Game making philosophy. I have some great ideas but I also have future ambitions to further the Game Development field. Cyberix3D is what I see as the future of Game Design faster development and a seamless production pipeline.

Mario Cavett, Joker Card Games :)
Attachments:

The future of Cyberix3D 1 year 8 months ago #3047

hey im looking for some help with my doom game, could maybe help out with AI shooting as your tank game does, to my FPS game here it is www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=056947261386

Also adding some MD5 files that i have ripped from doom 3/quake 4/ prey here is what i have so far www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=056947261386

here are the files
drive.google.com/file/d/1YzKEg-AMBEeQRci...YpG/view?usp=sharing here is the quake 4 texture but you need to convert them to PNG

here is my discord discord.gg/Fpg2gkzPvN

by using this program, there is a download link to
www.nchsoftware.com/howto/how_to_resize_a_picture.html

or you can use this online converter
convertio.co/tga-png/

drive.google.com/file/d/1K6Oc1mu_BCZ_dri...PPc/view?usp=sharing here is doom 3 .pak files, you need dragon unpacker to open up the files

here is dragon unpacker , very good tool to help you with game dev sourceforge.net/projects/dragonunpa
Time to create page: 1.332 seconds