Remember me
You are here: HomeForum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The death of Adobe Flash and Cyberix to HTML5

The death of Adobe Flash and Cyberix to HTML5 3 years 3 months ago #2579

• Plazma
  • Senior Boarder
  • 99 bugs in the programming code.. 99 bugs in the code..
  • Thank you received: 19
With Flash now officially discontinued and unsupported, while the flash engine is still usable, that may not be the case for long. One of the main things that brought me to Cyberix over other game engines is its ability to work in a web browser, and with an install-able version, it makes it easy to work on games just about anywhere, on any PC, with or without installing software.

So, whats your point?
A primary focus should be to begin working on a version of Cyberix running on HTML5, this will help substantially with keeping the engine relevant, and with more and more people learning HTML5 now, the open source part of the engine can shine through with the community working together to improve the engine.

It would be an immense challenge for just the Cyberix team alone to build this, so it would be nice to see a new Github project opened to the public to have the community contribute to the new engine.

What are the benefits and downfalls of this?
There are many ups and downs of converting to HTML5. The biggest problem would be time. It took a lot of time to build the Flash version, and it will take much more time to restructure it to HTML, however, the time taken for this can bring about many things, including...

- More stability on a newer and more powerful language.
- Improved speed and reliability of the engine with large projects.
- Easier to port, allowing Cyberix to run on anything that supports HTML5, Including Windows, MacOS, and Linux, also making it possible to use on tablets running iOS and Android.
Graphic designer and learning game developer.. I guess.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Symbiotic Interactives

The death of Adobe Flash and Cyberix to HTML5 3 years 3 months ago #2581

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 628
Hello,
We agree that building the Cyberix3D engine from scratch in html5 technology would be the best thing.
Unfortunately, it will require a few years to accomplish.
On the other hand, there is a project that is being developed now for converting flash to html5.
When it is ready, all the flash content will be saved.
And another thing, the most important thing for us is to keep supporting schools that teach Cyberix3D.
There are hundreds of schools that teach Cyberix3D around the world, and most of them using Chrome OS and Windows.
Cyberix3D now supports both Windows and Chrome OS, so we are happy that educational institutions could keep using Cyberix3D.
Regards,
Cyberix3D
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plazma
Time to create page: 1.029 seconds