Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionUsername detector?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Improved shooting mechanism?

Improved shooting mechanism? 3 years 4 months ago #2470

• Plazma
  • Senior Boarder
  • 99 bugs in the programming code.. 99 bugs in the code..
  • Thank you received: 19
For a project im working im using the FPS game example as a base, unfortunately the included code to fire a gun does not work the way i need, for example firing causes the sphere to collide with the player, moving the player slightly. is there a way to redesign the code so i can mark enemies to be an target point, and the sphere will only be able to collide with walls and targets?
Graphic designer and learning game developer.. I guess.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Improved shooting mechanism? 3 years 4 months ago #2478

Use raycasts instead, game design tip it's a lot more fun when enemies use projectiles and the player uses raycasts so the player can instantly shoot at the enemy and you have to dodge and predict enemy projectiles instead of them being instant like Halo.

On another note I tried experimenting with a more advanced movement system so it's more fun and skill based, basically attaching a camera to a physics object instead of the default camera controller making use if strict static xyz movement. However it doesn't work out the way I want it to and it's probably not possible right now, it was nearly perfect too so I have more hope in the future.

Improved shooting mechanism? 3 years 4 months ago #2479

• Plazma
  • Senior Boarder
  • 99 bugs in the programming code.. 99 bugs in the code..
  • Thank you received: 19
ill try that raycast system, and im interested in that advanced movement system, being the basis of my game is fast movement, it could come in handy if i can get it at least stable
Graphic designer and learning game developer.. I guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Symbiotic Interactives
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds