Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionAdvice on a Instant Raycast based gun.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My obj models created from Blender won't load!

My obj models created from Blender won't load! 5 years 1 month ago #1737

• K982
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I am trying to figure out how to import Blender models such as obj into the editor. I was just using a round normal object that came by default. I also tried the models I wanted to import but nothing happened. I was using player object and I deleted the model file to replace with the model I wanted to use but nothing appeared on screen.

Can you tell me how to import obj models into the editor with player object and model objects as well?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My obj models created from Blender won't load! 5 years 1 month ago #1738

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
Hello,
Try to use Away Builder to convert your obj file to awd and try again with the awd file.
You can use the Away Builder Live Tool, or download it from here (you also need to download Adobe Air).
If you can't convert your model using Away Builder, try to use Prefab 3D instead.
Regards,
Cyberix3D team
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by cyberix3d.

My obj models created from Blender won't load! 5 years 1 month ago #1739

• K982
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey, thanks for the reply! Alright, this is what happened and I am going to keep you up to date until we get my issue resolved.

What happened is I tried the Away Builder and yes it worked! I have a few questions about this though and while the result did not really help but at least my model did make it into the editor! There are still a few problems I would like to point out.

Despite the wiki says Blender is a great tool for making models and Cyberix can support all different kinds of model types,
for some reason I can't use obj or fbx unless the model is awd which was the format I got when I optimized (convert)
the model from obj to awd. I really wanted to use obj but it looks like this Away Builder would be pointless if
Blender has awd exporting feature instead if that's the case why none of the obj or fbx models won't work with it.
I suggest you should correct the wiki about this before getting a lot of newbies here confused with importing models.

Now, here is a new problem. While the model did make it into the editor, what's with those black checkered textures all over my model? Is there a way to fix this? I tried changing the color and using textures but nothing works. I hate using textures by the way, it really ruins the quality of the model. I only use materials with Blender in order to make my models look more real
and I always model out any minor details such as eyes, hands, and clothes without using textures to avoid making my models look flat like a Nintendo 64 or Playstation game.

The model I converted to awd was a obj model. It's a simple round object, nothing too big or special. I was just testing to see if this editor really works with importing models but I am afraid the awd format is just not user friendly or was there something I missed? I really wanted to use materials instead of textures but the model keeps showing those annoying black checkers that ruins the quality of my simple round object.
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds