Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionNewgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Newgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar

Newgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar 7 years 7 months ago #637

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I am doing my final testing with Newgrounds and Kongregate.

Newgrounds version is working great with SWF (without the html file) and since Epic Game Ads approved my account I have also successfully tested the in-game ads.

Kongregate vesion is locking the mouse with: Firefox, IE and Edge, and not locking the mouse with: Chrome and Opera. I believe that 3 out of 5 popular browsers are more than sufficient.

I was just wondering if there is a way to have a control over the Cyberix game-window bar in SWF export.
The troublesome buttons are:

1. Play/Pause – After I pause and then resume the game my model animations are frozen until they are re-initiated (through a battle for example).

2. Restart – Kongregate has its own Ads on the start of the game-loading and most of the games are constructed so that user must refresh the page (re-initiating the game-start ad) in order to play again. If user can restart the game from the bar he can play without ever re-initiating the ad.

I will most likely have a finalized version (for my Cyberix3D game-page (without the in-game ads of course)) of my level tonight or tomorrow, and then upload Newgrounds and Kongregate versions by Friday.
I hope you haven’t changed your decision about putting my level (once I publish the finalized version) on the Cyberix3D Showcase page :) That would be a great thing for me but, of course, if you decide against it I wouldn’t mind. I’m very pleased that I have found this engine and was able to develop a level with it, I hope to have more projects developed/continued in the future :)
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Ganderoleg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Newgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar 7 years 7 months ago #639

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 629
Hello,
We are happy to hear that your game level is almost ready :)

About Kongregate, we have also tested it and we couldn't find a solution for the mouse lock in chrome.

We think the payment rate of Newgrounds Ads is greater than Epic Game Ads, And we still owe you a Newgrounds Ads feature. We hope we will have the time to work on it soon.

1. Play/Pause – After I pause and then resume the game my model animations are frozen until they are re-initiated (through a battle for example).
This is a bug. We will do our best to resolve it soon.

2. Restart – Kongregate has its own Ads on the start of the game-loading and most of the games are constructed so that user must refresh the page (re-initiating the game-start ad) in order to play again. If user can restart the game from the bar he can play without ever re-initiating the ad.
Will it help if we will add an option to disable the bar?

I will most likely have a finalized version (for my Cyberix3D game-page (without the in-game ads of course)) of my level tonight or tomorrow, and then upload Newgrounds and Kongregate versions by Friday.
I hope you haven’t changed your decision about putting my level (once I publish the finalized version) on the Cyberix3D Showcase page :) That would be a great thing for me but, of course, if you decide against it I wouldn’t mind. I’m very pleased that I have found this engine and was able to develop a level with it, I hope to have more projects developed/continued in the future :)
Off course, We would like to add your game to the showcase. It will let other peoples see what amazing games can be done with Cyberix3D.

Regards,
Cyberix3D team
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cyberix3d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganderoleg

Newgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar 7 years 7 months ago #640

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you for good words about my project, I'm sure I will have a finalized version ready by tomorrow :)

The Newgrounds ads would be much better, I hope you will be able to find time for it. Once the NG ads can be implemented I will re-export the game immediately :)

Option to disable the bar would be great, if it's something that can be implemented relatively soon I will wait for it before publishing on Kongregate.

Newgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar 7 years 7 months ago #645

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 629
We have added the Hide Bar feature and we have also added an option to mute the sound and change the background color.
All of these features are available through the Setup command and can be changed dynamically while the game is running by calling the Setup command with the desired parameters.
2016-09-08_22-40-36.png

We have also added a Restart command for restarting the game by command:
2016-09-08_22-41-28.png

Regards,
Cyberix3D team
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by cyberix3d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganderoleg

Newgrounds, Kongregate and Cyberix3D game-bar 7 years 7 months ago #646

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
This is so awesome :woohoo:

I can get to work on the Newgrounds and Kongregate versions without game-bar now :)
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds