Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionMy tools are now hidden under my task bar
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WEB / APK ads in game

WEB / APK ads in game 7 years 9 months ago #531

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I have noticed that there is only one option to implement ads through engine and, if I understood it, the Epic Game Ads cover only desktop-web versions of the game.

I don't want to panic but I did sign up 7 days ago (on 28th) and my account is still pending approval :( But even if they accept my account it only covers desktop-web games.

I was hopping that EGA plugin features some sort of Iframe box but it shows in a script like this: <Ads adsId="xxxxxxxxx"/>.

I'm not sure if it would be hard to implement Iframe box as a feature in the engine but it would solve a lot of problems concerning how to monetize the game.

This is my experiment with LeadBolt ads and Cyberix SWF export version of the game:

ddteam.byethost32.com/cyberix/leadbolt_test.html

I inserted a simple Iframe code in the html file...
<div  style="text-align: center;"> 
<iframe src="http://ad.leadbolt.net/show_app_ad?section_id=907811511" width="320" height="50" align="middle"></iframe>
</div>

...and the dummy-ad is showing up under the main-game window. Since it's an android ad-service, the dummy-ad content is showing only when the link is accessed with mobile device, on desktop browsers it only displays empty Iframe window.

Next test is an APK with simple Iframe box inside a game-window (inserted through the C2 plugin) and the same code from first test inserted in the same way in the main html file. The APK file was converted from HTML with free online service called Cocoon.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B45BeJ8IYXbEWnM...Nk0/view?usp=sharing

I don't really understand SWF files and their relation to HTML but I (want to :)) believe that a simple Iframe box feature could solve monetize-problem with APK files. Unfortunately the web ad service for desktop is much harder to find since everybody is now mobile-platform oriented.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Ganderoleg.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WEB / APK ads in game 7 years 9 months ago #532

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 630
Adding an Iframe box feature for Ads is a great idea.
The Iframe box could work both on the web and the android version.
We will add this feature and let you know once it's done.
Regards,
Cyberix3D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganderoleg

WEB / APK ads in game 7 years 9 months ago #533

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
This would be a great feature and an extremely useful plugin, thank you so much :) :)

...I am not sure if my account with Epic Game Ads is pending because of my application details or if they are some-what not active anymore.

But in case I don't pass or if they are no longer active, what would be the suggestion (if any) for non-mobile ad service in a light of a new Iframe feature? I’m having some trouble with finding a desktop solution, every possible ad service is now mobile-oriented :(

WEB / APK ads in game 7 years 9 months ago #534

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 630
For the web version of the games, we can add support for New Grounds Ads:
www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resource...netization/flash-ads
The following user(s) said Thank You: ViraX, Ganderoleg

WEB / APK ads in game 7 years 9 months ago #535

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
That would be an incredibly good soultion :woohoo: :)

That actually was my first idea when I thought about web ads but it didn't seem right to suggest since it's not really an engine feature :unsure: Iframe is a, sort of, engine-functionality feature, so is RMB or UI images, but implementation of New Grouds API is really not :)

If implementation is possible that would really cover all aspects of web/android advertising:

1. For web there would be New Grounds (with ads through implemented API) and Kongregate (with it's own automatic ad system).

2. For android we would have Iframe that works with LeadBolt and also other similar mobile ad services.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds