Remember me
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems with Kongregate and iframe question

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #495

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I made a few tests on Kongregate and it seems there are some issues both in exported projects and iFramed projects.

1. When uploading exported HTML+SWF on Kongregate there is no loading-logo screen and the game is not starting.

2. When uploading exported SWF without HTML file the game loads and starts but there is a problem with bars, both height and width seem to be the problem.

3. When using Kongregate iframe option the game starts loading and then crashes with error on, approximately, 20% of loading.

I did manage to solve this issue :) by using 2D program(Construct 2) to iframe Cyberix game with the a plugin so the problem is not a show-stopper but it would be great if a game could be uploaded and played on Kongregate (I haven’t tested uploading on New Grounds and Armor Games) without outside programs.

Much bigger issue for me is the iframe factor.

I realize Cyberix 3D is a free engine and that I have no right to complain, I should be and I am very pleased with the engine and very happy I have found it.

But can Cyberix 3D site cover large numbers of plays by iframe? Successful games on Kongregate reach over 100.000 plays and really successful games have over 1.000.000 plays.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #496

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 630
Hello Ganderoleg,
We are happy to hear you have big plans for Cyberix3D.

About Kongregate, we are familiar with this issue. The problem is Kongregate doesn't add "wmode=direct" while playing the SWF version and this is required when using Flash Stage 3D.
We couldn't fix the iframe problem on Kongregate either but we will take another look and try to fix it.

As far as we know, there is no problem to upload the SWF version to Newgrounds. We already saw a few games over there. Here is one for example:
www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/658830

Both Iframe and SWF export version loading the assets from our website for now. We have already started developing full SWF export that will also export the game's assets to the SWF.

As for the game traffic, we don't think it would be a problem but it would be best when the SWF full export will be ready.

Regards,
Cyberix3D team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganderoleg

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #497

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
I really like this engine and so far I had a real smooth experience with it, no major problems and everything is working as it should. I still can’t believe it’s free, I just hope that once you decide to turn it commercial it won’t be in a price-range that I can’t afford.

Kongregate was my first choice because it has his own native ads, I haven’t tried Epic Game ads yet (available through editor) but if they are functioning correctly inside the game it’s not a problem to go with New Grounds first.

As for iframe, I have fixed the borders-problem on Kongregate with a C2 Div plugin but should I use iframe or should I wait for full SWF export?

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #498

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
The SWF full export is almost ready so we suggest you to wait a bit.
When it will be ready we are planning to limit the number of visits for the iframe version in case of a heavy traffic that will consume all of our server's resources.
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by cyberix3d.

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #499

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
O.k. I’ll wait for full SWF, my game is not going to be finalized that soon so it’s really no trouble. Thank you for the advice and information.

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #500

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
You are welcome :)
BTW, We have posted an example of how to use multiple light sources. You can use it in your game:
www.gamemaker3d.com/forum/examples/189-multiple-light-sources

Problems with Kongregate and iframe question 7 years 9 months ago #502

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you, I’ve just seen it, it’s very useful feature.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds