Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral Discussionsave game (variable encryptor)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: In-game video

In-game video 7 years 5 months ago #684

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Is it possible to have an in-game video? I would really need that capability for my current and my next planned projects :(

I believe that other users will also benefit from it for their logo films, cut scenes or end credits.

As for me, any format or strategy would work :) I guess that the best format would be webm but ogv, mp4 or flv (swf?) would also be fine. Opening of Youtube file in-game could also do the trick since Youtube offers auto-play option.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

In-game video 7 years 5 months ago #685

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
We will add Youtube video support with autoplay option as a 2D component.
Regards,
Cyberix3D team
The following user(s) said Thank You: ViraX, Ganderoleg

In-game video 7 years 5 months ago #686

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
That's great, video will be very useful feature, thank you :)

Not to be boring or ungrateful but if you could take just one more thing into consideration: the movie start/length. Some of the Youtube plugins in game engines fail in not taking into account the fact that in-game video is mostly used before or after a game event.

A way to determine when Youtube video actually started (because of the different loading time of the videos due to different internet-speeds) so that a simple timer-function can load the rest of the game after the video is suppose to be over.

Or a way to determine when the video is actually over, depending on the Youtube internals, currant frame information or time information.

...of course if that is too much trouble the simple way of displaying the video would be more then sufficient. Every video that user uploads could be longer for about 4 to 5 seconds to take into account the difference in video loading time :)
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Ganderoleg.

In-game video 7 years 5 months ago #687

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
We will work with Youtube API so we could know when the video starts/end and let you do something when it's happening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganderoleg

In-game video 7 years 5 months ago #688

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
Excellent news, thank you, can't wait to try it out once it's done :woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds