Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral Discussion
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Workflow Improvements

Workflow Improvements 1 year 10 months ago #3036

I really love this engine, there's so much that's been achieved even with the limits it has compared to other engines.

I'm very excited for Multiplayer to be finished. For other stuff like particle systems, controller support, project sharing, easier model format/animation support and more.

But I honestly believe that the workflow needs to be majorly overhauled, a lot of things that Cyberix does is very unique and different from other engines like code block scripting but I think the only thing that should remain consistent with other engines is project management.

The lack of programming structure makes it hard to develop an ambitious project.
For example, scripts, levels, and game objects are all in the same tab.

It'd be easier for scripts, prefabs, and art assets to be in a file manager and for game objects to stay in a world tab related to the level you have loaded in. Like Unity or Unreal.

One other thing I really think is important is to be able to edit or create code blocks other than being limited to the options they provide. I don't mean to set a really high standard for engine development but Unreal's character controller allows you to create your own parameters and customize how the movement options work.

In my opinion I think everyone should realize that this is way more important than features like Multiplayer (even as cool as it is)
It would also welcome more new developers most importantly, because Cyberix3D needs more attention as the devs seem to work very hard for a fairly small community and it would make it easier for them to have more support.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Symbiotic Interactives.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds