Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumDone!paint (unstable)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sign-in troubles on Linux

Sign-in troubles on Linux 2 years 9 months ago #2721

• Plazma
  • Senior Boarder
  • 99 bugs in the programming code.. 99 bugs in the code..
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello, its been quite some time since I have spoken here, but im back now. :side:

I recently installed the editor onto my Linux system and having problems signing into the application, as you may tell since I managed to post this, the issue is limited to the application. Every attempt (using my proper credentials, verified by my login manager) simply appears as a failed login.
Graphic designer and learning game developer.. I guess.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sign-in troubles on Linux 2 years 9 months ago #2722

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
Hello and welcome back :)
We couldn't reproduce the problem on Ubuntu 20.04
Which Linux distribution are you using?
Can you see the project templates when creating a new project?
Maybe there is a firewall that prevents the app to access the internet.

Sign-in troubles on Linux 2 years 9 months ago #2725

• Plazma
  • Senior Boarder
Hello, thank you for the will of assisting in the issue.
Im using 64_x86 Arch linux, the application itself runs completely fine, it simply shows an error about an incorrect password, even after directly copying and pasting my login info from my saved password to the application.

My system has no firewall installed, and if it does it is not configured to block Cyberix.

Sign-in troubles on Linux 2 years 9 months ago #2726

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
If you could prepare an Arch Linux image with Wine for Virtualbox we could check it

Sign-in troubles on Linux 2 years 5 months ago #2949

• Plazma
  • Senior Boarder
Due to how Arch Linux works, I would rather not setup an entire installation image with my exact specifications (It would take a rather long time with my limited system specifications, and creating an image and ripping it of my personal info would take even longer). However, the problem has continued to persist even now. I apologize for the lengthy wait for a response, ended up getting caught up in a lot of stuff over the past few months.

Back to the matter at hand, you may be able to quickly install Arch Linux into Virtualbox. My system is varied quite a bit from stock Arch, but I am using the default kernel, and the
archinstall
command helps a lot in automating the install process (I used it when I installed Arch onto this machine). Once the system is up and running, I'm simply using the GNOME 40 desktop environment (easily install-able from the
pacman
command that is included with arch). From there, you have 90% of what my system is for the most part, the other 10% being simply smaller tweaks that I doubt would be the issue for the sign-in issue.

Come to think of it, it may be a problem with how WINE is interfacing with the internet. I'll play around with some configurations and update with a fix if I come across a solution, for anyone else who may experience this issue.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds