Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionMultiplayer in game Chat
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to fix cube collisions in groups.

How to fix cube collisions in groups. 7 years 1 day ago #943

• Elijah-Wilson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Say I have about 30+ cubes that make up a large building. I don't want them to take up the whole list having to scroll through each individual one and guess which cube I want to modify. So I tried putting them in the group block but then all of a sudden their collision is gone and the "Group" is apparently a object with its own collision that does not even come close to matching the shape of all the cubes within it. Is it possible to just organize this many cubes into groups without killing their collision?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to fix cube collisions in groups. 7 years 1 day ago #944

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
Hello,
In case your objects are static, You can use the Merge block and it will keep the collision and improve the game's performances.
Regards,
Cyberix3D team

How to fix cube collisions in groups. 6 years 11 months ago #946

• Elijah-Wilson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Encountered another issue with block organization and I don't believe I was specific enough. Placing cubes into the merge block caused them to teleport or just disappear all together and I did not have the ability to clone every cube at once within the merge block (smart copy). With the merge block I can't select a group of cubes at once which is what I need. While the group block does that, for some reason it kills the collision of everything inside it.

My question is: How do I select multiple cubes at once to duplicate them without killing their collision or making them teleport to a random location?
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Elijah-Wilson.

How to fix cube collisions in groups. 6 years 11 months ago #947

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
First, you need to move your blocks outside the group one by one (Sorry, but multiple sections isn't supported at the moment), Then you need to insert them into a Merge block.
You can warp all the relevant blocks with a Merge command using the Source tab by adding <Merge> and </Merge> before and after your blocks.
Moving the blocks outside the group have to be from the editor and not from the Source tab because the position of every block needs to be updated during this process.
Change the position of a "Merge" isn't supported, but you can ask this feature in here:
wantoo.io/cyberix3d
Regards,
Cyberix3D team
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds