Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumGeneral DiscussionAbout Program Size
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: About Program Size

About Program Size 7 years 2 months ago #840

• Tyler-Broome
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hi, I'm Tyler. I've dabbled in music, story writing, and even coding (as you can so far tell).
  • Thank you received: 12
I'll just be straight with this set of questions:

Is it possible to make a world so large and detailed beforehand that all new things you add to it simply do not work? Because I believe this is happening to my current project.

If so, how can I alleviate this problem?

See, I am trying to implement an interactive world where there are books scattered about it, and hovering over them with the mouse shows front page information and clicking them shows a short journal entry. However, after making the third and fourth books - after which I made a relatively big but simple house with moving doors and a sorta detailed bunk bed - the procedures I put on them simply do not work. Do I need to change the procedures, or are there too many objects to support these two newly added interactive journals?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

About Program Size 7 years 2 months ago #841

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
hi, :)

As long as you do not have this error message "Error while rendering: Error", you can continue.
Maybe your code that is not optimizing, what are the apparent effects ?

About Program Size 7 years 2 months ago #842

• Tyler-Broome
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Hi, I'm Tyler. I've dabbled in music, story writing, and even coding (as you can so far tell).
  • Thank you received: 12
Hovering over said books and clicking does not show the messages I told them to play. But I think I found the solution. :)

I'm trying solutions to the problem, including making the map smaller. I think the objects were just too far away from the spawn point to optimize, as I found that doing the same thing to a cube closer to the spawn point and it worked just fine.

About Program Size 7 years 2 months ago #850

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
Yes, do several tests is the best way to debug :lol:
Let us know if the problem persists ...
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds