Remember me
You are here: HomeForumCyberix3D ForumUpdatesA review about Cyberix3D on JSA's Dev Page
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Falling Snow System

Falling Snow System 7 years 7 months ago #552

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 110
Hi,

an example to make your world "more alive".

*you can adapt this system for any kind of 'particles' !

screen_Snow.png

Source : www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=04502416775

Here is another example made and adapted by Ganderoleg,

particule_effect2.png

Source : www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=051530017161

Thanks Cyberix Team for optimization.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by ViraX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cyberix3d, Ganderoleg, Matthew-Lavoie

Falling Snow System 7 years 6 months ago #612

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
Hello ViraX, your Falling Snow System is great so I 'borrowed' it with some modifications for my project to make it look like a Mana Well :) You can see modifications here:

www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=051530017161

I added one Turbosquid model and atmospheric music to make it more dramatic :lol:

In my game it will be under the Sorcerer-warrior and serve as his power source/barrier.

Edit: In my modification the particles are going upwards in a straight line at the start :( Do you have some idea on how I can make them 'randomized' at the very beginning and not just from the second 'loop'?
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Ganderoleg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ViraX

Falling Snow System 7 years 6 months ago #613

• cyberix3d
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 624
Hello,

This is a very nice effect!

For the sake of performance, you should use the Merge command with a repeatable pattern of particles.

That way you don't have hundreds of models in the scene, but only one model with one geometry.

Here is an example:
www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=01617171

We have also made the particles disappear as they go up. This is just an illusion since there is only one model that goes up and jump down every 40 steps in the y-axis.

Regards,
Cyberix3D team

Edit: We have tried to export the example to APK but it is crashing. The process of making hundreds of objects in real time is too demanding for the mobile version. The best solution is to prepare the particle model in Blender or some other 3D software. First, you need to make a random particles model with the size of 40x40x40 then you need to duplicate the same model 10 times in the y-axis. If you want the particles also to disappear as they go up, change the size of the particles in each model you have copied in the y-axis. Then use the model you have created with our example and it should work. This is the best practice solution for both web and mobile version.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by cyberix3d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ViraX, Ganderoleg

Falling Snow System 7 years 6 months ago #614

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for troubleshooting, I clicked together this last night, didn't have time to test it properly :blush:

I think 10 panels would be just as good, maybe even batter since I can make particle-images on panels different in size and alpha. That would be much more difficult with one particle image cloning itself :)

I will replace the code in my example with your modifications and use it as a template for testing :)

Falling Snow System 7 years 5 months ago #712

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
Very nice effect ! B)

I made an example of interior particle. the effect is less impresionnant, but it is possible to make a system for interior :lol:

www.gamemaker3d.com/player?pid=04502419290

(simple music note)

Falling Snow System 7 years 4 months ago #715

• Ganderoleg
  • Expert Boarder
Just seen your example, it looks great B) I like the sitting options and the on-table animations :) Jazzy music is also a good choice.

Thanks for adding screenshot and link for my modification of your code.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Ganderoleg.

Falling Snow System 6 years 9 months ago #992

• Hamish-Kirkman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi ViraX

I am trying to use the falling snow system but cant find where 'nbr' is. It is the last thing called Set Increment. See screen shot

Screenshot_20170531_185512.png

Falling Snow System 6 years 9 months ago #998

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
Hi,

Do not take the variable "nbr" into account, you can delete the incrementation ... I will do an update to avoid confusion in the future, thank you for feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hamish-Kirkman

Falling Snow System 6 years 7 months ago #1047

• Interactive games
  • Gold Boarder
  • hi appreciated forum community, I'm looking for cyberix3d ​​which is the best editor for me to create games, fun games, horror, simulation and games with very good graphics. I also want to upload my own official page of games as a developer
  • Thank you received: 58
Virax, this effect of snow that made is incredibly nice, but something that I was displeased was that they did not collide with objects, for example, I put in editor a long cube like a roof, and when I play the game I go to where The roof is below, but the snow passes like nothing on that roof, since you are a command expert, you can tell me what to do to collide those snow particles, when there is an object or ceiling above
developer in horror games and simulation :woohoo: , trademark registered in goo.gl/EAjZuk

Falling Snow System 6 years 7 months ago #1059

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
Hi, :)

I will think about a function that is generic with a primitive
I would update it soon, but if it can help you a pseudo-code (That comes to mind) :
<SnowParticule>
     <if collision with primitve>
        <NewSnow> //interaction test
           PosX = SnowParticule.x
           PosY = (SnowParticule.y + (primitive.width/2))
           PosZ = SnowParticule.z
        <>
     <>
   <TimeOut = 0.1>
      <Remove>
   <>
<>

I do not know if it works or looks like what you want ... B)
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by ViraX.

Falling Snow System 6 years 7 months ago #1060

• Interactive games
  • Gold Boarder
  • hi appreciated forum community, I'm looking for cyberix3d ​​which is the best editor for me to create games, fun games, horror, simulation and games with very good graphics. I also want to upload my own official page of games as a developer
Thanks virax, I will try to guide me from that example, once it is over I will upload the new update of the snowfall system, but before that I will upload my first project in cyberix, it is not my previous game that shows, this new project is simply about A show of lights ...., then I explain what it consists of
developer in horror games and simulation :woohoo: , trademark registered in goo.gl/EAjZuk

Falling Snow System 6 years 7 months ago #1061

• Interactive games
  • Gold Boarder
Something tells me that for the snow to collide in solids, maybe I have to use the comparative command, I'm not sure is that in cyberix I have knowledge of several commands like everything that is if, set, animate and among others

Falling Snow System 6 years 2 months ago #1443

• ViraX
  • Expert Boarder
Hi :P

At the moment, I work on several projects and therefore that's why you do not see me very much on Cyberix3D and moreover, I am under low android for the moment ... so no access to the editor.

But I can give you an idea if you do not understand the pseudo-code above,
for example,

take a particle ... 'IF' it touches a primitive, for example a 'block' (static) ...
'THEN' I record the position of the particle ..., I erase the particle, I create a new primitive ((sphere, block ...) with snow texture) and I 'SET' the postion of this new primitive to the position (store) of the particle (- minus the height of the primitive touched) and makes it appear (static), which will give the illusion ...

I'm going to improve this example and make it plugin with improvements like collision management as possible, wait ... :P

*thanks for the compliment ;)
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by ViraX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Symbiotic Interactives
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds